Welcome to join the 8-Day Tibet Everest Base Camp Group Tour on every Wednesday and Sunday! This tailor-made Everest Base Camp tour covers Lhasa attractions of Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Streets, Norbulinka, Sera Monastery, and numerous other famous sites on the way to Everest Base Camp, including Lake Yamdrok, Karola Glacier, Pelkhor Chode Monastery and Tashilhunpo Monastery. Mt. Everest attracts tens of thousands of travelers and adventurers around the world every year. If you already have your Tibet Travel Permits, you can book the Everest Base Camp group tour even just 2 days in advance of your planned start date. The exact price differs depending on group size and travel season.
Everest Group Tour Highlights:
- Departure on Every Wednesday and Sunday
- Low price guaranted
- We are recommended by TripAdvisor with Certificate of Excellence of 2016 & 2017
- Reputable Accommodation Options in Lhasa (We select better downtown hotels recommended by TripAdvisor)
- Local Tibetan tour guide and driver
Everest Group Tour Outline:
- Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa. Individual travelers (1-3 people) should get to Lhasa by themselves. Shuttle bus (RMB 30 per person) between airport and Lhasa is available when there are flights. Taxi transfer (RMB 50-100 per way) between train station and hotel is available as well. However if there are 4 or more people for one booking at a time, a shared shuttle or van transfer will be included. Overnight in Lhasa.
- Day 2: Visit Norbulingka, the summer palace of Dalai Lama, and Sera Monastery. Overnight in Lhasa.
- Day 3: Visit Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor Streets. Overnight in Lhasa.
- Day 4: Lhasa -Yamdrok-Tso (Lake)-Karola Glacier-Gyantse- Shigatse (354 km, about 12 hours), O/n in Gesar hotel or Shigatse Manasarovar Hotel
- Day 5: Shigatse -Lhatse-Shegar (New Tingri)-Everest Base Camp (340 km, about 7-10 hours). Overnight: Nomad Tents (if available) or Guesthouse at Tashitsong or Rongphu (depends on season and availability).
- Day 6: Everest Base Camp -Rongphu Monastery- Shigatse (340 km, 7-10 hours). Overnight in Gesar Hotel or Manasarovar Hotel or similar in Shigatse.
- Day 7: Shigatse (Tashilhunpo Monastery)-Lhasa (272 km, 6-7 hours) Overnight in Lhasa.
- Day 8: Final Departure at at 06:30 am; 08:30 am and 12:30 pm at your hotel.
Hotel Option A) Reputable and Comfortable hotel (recommended on TripAdvisor) in Lhasa: House of Shambhala, Shambhala Palace, Tashi Norta Hotel, Snow Heaven Hotel
Hotel Option B) Comfortable Hotel in Lhasa: The Tibet Gang Gyan Lhasa Hotel, Kyichu Hotel, Heritage Hotel or Tashitakge Hotel, Yak Hotel, Dhood Gu Hotel, Gorkha Hotel, Dekang Hotel
We reserve the rights to reserve any one of the listed accommodations depending on your indicated preference and room availability.
What you can expect
- Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa (3650 m). Acclimatization.If you book for 3 or more people at a time, we will arrange a private pick up. Otherwise, you will take the cheap and convenient airline shuttle bus (RMB 30 per person) to downtown Lhasa bus stop (near the east gate of Potala palace). You will be transferred to your hotel from there. After check-in to the hotel, you will rest and begin to acclimatize to the high altitude. Travel tips: we suggest that you prepare some altitude medicine such as "Diamox" before arrival, or buy them after arrival to help yourself get acclimatized. In the event that you feel immediately acclimatized, you may take a short walk in Barkhor Streets area or Potala Square to have a first impression of Lhasa. Overnight stay in Lhasa.
- Day 2: Tour in Lhasa (by mini bus 15-23 seats): Norbulinka and Sera Monastery Norbulingka which means ‘treasure garden’ in Tibetan language, is located in the west side of Lhasa, a short distance from the southwest of Potala Palace. It is marked as the world’s highest, largest and best-preserved ancient artificial historical and cultural garden. As part of the ‘Historic Ensemble of Potala Palace’, it is also recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Sera Monastery (founded in 1419 by Jamchen Chojey of Sakya Yeshe, disciple of Tsongkhapa) is just located at the foot of Tatipu Hill,located 1.25 miles (2.01 km) north of Lhasa and about 5 km (3.1 mi) north of the Jokhang and it is about 6 km to the northeast direction of Potala Palace. It is famous for the Buddhism activities of” Monks Debate” which happens in afternoon from Monday to Saturday. This is one highlight attraction for travel in Lhasa Tibet. You will stay overnight at 3-star or 4-star Hotel (Option).
- Day 3: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Bazaar Today what we will visit in Lhasa is the vital Potala Palace and the Jokhang Temple with the vicinity. Potala palace is Lhasa's most important landmark and it is a wonder of Eastern architecture. Your first site of this massive structure will be a magical moment which will be remembered for your rest life time. It has been a palace since the fifth or sixth century and was once the home to the Dalai Lama. Serving as the winter palace for the Dalai Lama for several centuries, Potala Palace contains hundreds of murals, painted scrolls, sculptures, historical and religious documents, and other rare objects. Today another visit we will take is to Jokhang Temple which locates at Barkhor Bazaar. This temple is the most revered shrine in Tibet and is constantly bustling with devout worshipers. We will also be given the opportunity to shop in Barkhor Bazaar, the crowded central market in ancient section of Lhasa where the residence of many local people is. You will stay overnight at 3-star or 4-star Hotel (Option).
- Day 4: Lhasa - Yamdrok-Karola Glacier-Gyantse-Shigatse (354 km, 12 hours) Today we will start the driving in the west direction to reach the 2nd largest city in Tibet, the Shigatse city. First we will drive along the wind mountain road to cross the Kampa-la pass (4797 m) and then to Karo-la Pass (5050 m), where Mt. Noijin Kangsang (7026 m) Glacier lies beside the main road. In the middle, we will enjoy the unreal turquoise waters of the holy lake Yamdrok-Tso. Then we will continue to drive to Gyantse town, where we will visit the best Tibetan art paintings in Kumbum Stupa inside the Pelkor Chode Monastery. Also we admire the majestic Gyantse Dzong Castle overlooking the valley. The one and half hour journey to northwest of Gyantse takes us to Shigatse city finally before dinner.Overnight: Gesar Hotel or similar if late booking
- Day 5: Shigatse-Everest Base Camp (340 km) Today's activities: Landscape driving from Shigatse city to Rongphu Monastery, 4 km trekking from Rongphu Monastery to Everest Base camp. Accommodation: Campsite nomad tent house or guesthouses in Rongphu (Everest Base Camp Region Accommodation), note: the toilet in Everest Base Camp region is quite simple and not clean.
- Day 6: Campsite-Everest Base Camp-Shegar-Rongphu Monastery-drive 340 km back Shigatse (about 9-11 hours) Today's activities: Everest Sunrise and last peak at Everest (8 hours of drive) Wake up this morning below the stunning north face of Mt. Everest (8844.43 m), the tallest mountain on earth. For those tourists want to go to Base Camp in the morning to have closer view to Everest, we can take the local environment tour vehicle to Everest. B.C and after the sightseeing, we are going to visit Rongphu Monastery, then we drive back to Shigatse (340 km), and be wrapped again in the endless vistas of the Tibetan plateau. Accommodation: Gesar Hotel or Shigatse Manasarovar Hotel or Zangba Hotel (we reserve the right to book either one per the final group size and room availability)
- Day 7: Shigatse city-Lhasa (272 km, 6-7 hrs.) Today’s attractions: Tashilhunpo Monastery We will visit Tashilhunpo Monastery, built in the 15th century by the first Dalai Lama, while the seat of Panchen Lama nowadays. We recommend to do Kora around Tashilhunpo. Also you can walk in the local Tibetan traditional market. After we finish the trip, we will drive back to Lhasa Accommodation: same as above
- Day 8: Departure from Tibet Free airport drop off at 8:30 am and 1:30 pm. If your departure time is different, you can book a private car or take the airport shuttle bus by yourself. If your flight or train is in the afternoon, enjoy the free time in the morning! You can walk around the Barkhor Streets, or do some last minute shopping to bring back home.